Dr. Schutz PU Sealer is an extremely hard-wearing, two-part polyurethane-based super sealer for all resilient and resin floors delivering superior finish, long term protection and excellent elasticity.
After the installation of PU Sealer from Novare Floors the surface is easy to clean. If the floor scuffs the black marks are easy to remove often with only a mop with PU Cleaner.
PU Sealer Satin meets German DIN Norm 18032 requirements for flooring in sports halls and sporting facilities.
- Smooth or textured resilient flooring
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles (LVT)
- Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP)
- Vinyl Composition Tile (VCT)
- Cast floors based on epoxy and polyurethane
- Wood and Cork floors after priming with Strato Classic prime 200
Suitability for safety flooring, more structured surfaces and studded floors must be ascertained
- Outstanding durability
- Long term protection
- Reduces dirt adhesion
- Reduces day-to-day maintenance
- Excellent elasticity
- Hard wearing sealer film
- Good resistance against chemicals
- Easy and safe application
- Excellent adhesion
- One coat application (second coat only on request)
- High solid content
- No yellowing over time
- Anti-slip classification R9 (tested according to EN 14904)
- Very low emissions
- Floor and materials should not fall below 15°C during application and drying time
- Surface must be professionally prepared and in a clean, dry conditin free of oil, wax and dust
- Shake Dr. Schutz PU Sealer vigorously before adding the Crosslinker.
- Pay attention to batch numbers. Only use products with the same batch number in one layer. In the case of a different batch mix in a separate container before using
- Add Crosslinker M (for matted grades) to base lacquer in ratio 10:1
- Immediately mix thoroughly and evenly
- Allow mixture to settle for 10 minutes, then stir again
- Apply mixture to previously prepare subsurface using a new and dry Dr. Schutz Aquatop Roller
- Approx. 50-55 qm per mixed unit (approx. 500-550 sq.ft.). Per coating approx. 50 ml/m² (20 m²/l) if applied in two
coats. 100 ml/m² in one coat application
On primed wood, cork two coats with approx. 80-100 ml/m² (10-12m²/l). In the case of a very absorbent sub-surface, higher consumption is possible, depending on absorbency
- Can be carefully walked on and worked on for second coating after approx. 2 hours.
- Where two coats are being applied, should not allow longer than 12 hours between coating without sanding entire surface.
- Can be walked on carefully 12 hours after last sealing coat
- After 24 hours approx. 80% of the durability has been achieved.
- After 7 days full durability and chemical resistance of product is achieved (based on conditions of 20°C / 50% relative humidity and sufficient ventilation)
- Low temperatures, high humidity and poor ventilation will all contribute to extended drying times.
Furniture can be carefully moved in again, but it is recommended to use furniture gliders/protectors under all movable chairs, tables, fixtures and other furniture to protect the coating from unnecessary scratching. We recommend Dr. Schutz Scratchnomore protectors
- Clean working tools and implements with water.
- Hardened remains of lacquer can only be removed mechanically. We recommend always using new, dry Aquatop Rollers
Contained substances: water, polyacrylate, polyurethane, glycolether, silicic acids, waxes, additives. Contains 1,2-
benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one. May produce an allergic reaction.
voc (g/l) 47 base (ISO11890) / 2004/42/IIA(j)(140)140.
ADR/RID: not a dangerous good as defined by transport regulations (base lacquer and crosslinker).
CLP (base lacquer): labelling not necessary.
Emptied canisters can be disposed of in household waste, or taken to a recycling centre.
CLP (Crosslinker G/M): GHS 07, Attention. H332 Harmful if inhaled. H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction. H335
May cause respiratory irritation. H412 Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects. P280 Wear protective
gloves / eye protection. P362 Take off contaminated clothing. P405 Store locked up. EUH204 Contains isocyanates.
May produce an allergic reaction.
Gloss grade at 60°: ultra mat = 3-4 / mat = 5-7 / satin =10-15 / gloss = 70-85
The gloss grade can vary from lab values depending on the conditions in actual buildings.
Can be stored for minimum of 12 months in original packaging at 20°C. Keep from freezing
- When mixed, 2 part products can produce carbon dioxide and build up pressure. Never close containers holding 2 part mixtures tightly – danger of bursting.
- Unmixed product should be stored in cool, dry conditions
- Keep out of reach of children
- It is recommended that maintenance follow up cleaning be done with Dr. Schutz PU Cleaner / Dr. Schutz Cleaner
- Where conventional care is requested, we recommend Dr. Schutz Floor Mat (for satin and mat) or Dr. Schutz Floor Shine (gloss grade depending)
- When floors begin to show signs of wear, it may be time for a new sealer coat